AlbinCruisers Information

This website posts advertisements & reports on Albin 25 & 27 cruisers & information on fitting out “Drifter” (A27SC86 - Sault Ste. Marie, 0n. Nissan LD28 - 78hp) for extended cruising – it’s our “summer cottage”. To get to a topic in the List of Posts, check the date of posting & click on the date in the Archives & scroll down the posting. Comment on a post by clicking the icon below the post - I get a copy by email. To get a reply include your email address. John

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Hurth Transmission HBW 250 – 3R (ZF 25 M)

To obtain an exploded view of the transmission go to,
http://www.marinegears.com/catalog/cat-hm-15.html

To obtain technical data on the transmission go to,
http://zf-marine.com/ZFR/Transmissions/index.cfm?DS=Downloads&GN=ZF_25_M

I have a copy of the service manual (68 pages) in pdf format & will forward a copy by email on request. To send I will need your email address. However the manual is of little use to us “do-it –yourselfers” since even changing seals involves completely dismantling the insides of the box. My mechanic says to send it to a service centre if the need arises.

I have copied & posted the 2 pages we should note for operating the tranie.
Page 33 – operating & maintenance & page 49, troubleshooting.

Should the need arise to replace the Drive Damper Flexible Shaft Coupling, check out
http://www.randdmarine.co.uk/ and do a price comparison with US & Canadian suppliers.

I installed a High Deflection Damper 42AC8 & a Coupling 910-004 in 2000.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the hard work you have done which has given others so much info. I see no mention but need to know the type oil for the Hurth transmision. Motor oil or transmission oil. thanks

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I have acquired an Albin 27 FC with the Nissan LD28 and have found your blog VERY useful. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I'd like to receive the PDF of the Hurth ZF25 if it isn't too much trouble. I appreciate your comment about its usefulness to the do-it-yourselfer but I very much like to know what is going on inside all the parts.
Jim

11:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was hoping that you could send me the PDF file of the Service Manual of the HURTH 25 M Gearbox.
Thank you for that.
Cheers Pete

1:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi.
On forehand thanks. Would you send me the Hurth 250 (ZF 25) manual pdf? All the best. David

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John
Anyone wanting copy must send me their email address!!!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi again. I thought you were able to see my email adress. I really would like to get the Hurth 250 (ZF 25)manual. Thank you.

otrobanda2000@gmail.com

8:11 AM  
Anonymous John said...

If your still emailing the PDF of the ZF 25M or HBW 250) out I'd love to have a copy. Thanks. Cheers, JC

42vagabond@gmail.com

7:24 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Please email me the manual as well if possible

Tom
athanasiousamos@in.gr

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please send me a copy of the manual.
thanasistisailing@yahoo.gr

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello John, if your are still emailing the PDF about the HBW 250-3R transmission box), I would be very interested to get a copy of it. Thanks and regards, AB
Email : axmarabru@orange.fr

5:47 AM  
Blogger Mitch said...

Hi John,

I need to replace the rear seal in my HBW 250. Can you please send me a copy of the manual.


Best Regards,

Mitch Graf
mfgraf@gmail.com

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John,

I found a mechanic who will rebuild my HBW 250-3R transmission. I would greatly appreciate the manual.
Thanks,
Dan Gibbons
863-885-1113
247 Caloosa Estates Dr
LaBelle, FL 33935
email CaloosaRiverRats@aol.com
PS met Dan Cupal & Dan Willoughby on their Circle cruse a few years ago.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Ron said...

I realize I am very late to the "party" but on the slightest chance that the copies of the Hurth 250 manual are still avail,I am posting my email address...thank you the manual will be valued addition to my boats tech support library.
ron@leavingsuburbia.com

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John, having just stumbled upon this would it be possible for you to email your PDF to me also? I have a hbw250 which I'm having a bit of bother with!
tracycoombs2000@yahoo.co.uk
Many thanks

Val

3:57 PM  
Blogger Tor said...

Hi John,

I would love to have the manual if still available!

torrey.pollard@gmail.com

thanks!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home