AlbinCruisers Information

This website posts advertisements & reports on Albin 25 & 27 cruisers & information on fitting out “Drifter” (A27SC86 - Sault Ste. Marie, 0n. Nissan LD28 - 78hp) for extended cruising – it’s our “summer cottage”. To get to a topic in the List of Posts, check the date of posting & click on the date in the Archives & scroll down the posting. Comment on a post by clicking the icon below the post - I get a copy by email. To get a reply include your email address. John

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, January 16, 2005


A 27 Announcement Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger roger obert said...

John, your 1/16/05 blog has great info but too small to read, and View has no enlarge capability. Could you email that file to me as .pdf?? which I can enlarge to 400%.

A recent posting of mine on Yahoo Albin 25 27 group. Care to comment??

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Obert, Roger obert.ra@pg.com wrote:

I'd like some experienced opinions on which model is better suited for my intended use.

I'd like to cruise NorthAmerican large inland lakes and rivers, and intercoastal waterways. I'd expect to be using it a month at a time, sleeping mostly at anchor, before moving it to a new site. 75% of! the use will be me and Heidi, my black lab. 20% of the time, Carol, my spouse will join. A small percentage of the time we may have day cruising guests. I'd like to tow with either an F250 or F350 which I do not yet own.

Family Cruiser or Express Cruiser: When you are alone at anchor, do you prefer the V berth, the aft cabin, or a temporary berth on the cockpit floor? Why? And what Albin model and size do you have? Other than sleeping, are there any other reasons you prefer the Family Cruiser?

25 or 27: I'd like to hear your experience towing and launching either the 25 or 27. In Idaho, with a permit you are allowed to tow days and nights if under 10 foot wide. With the 27, were you normally required to obtain a permit?

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home